Help for Haiti Fund: How you can Help

Haiti Earthquake
Creative Commons License photo credit: United Nations Development Programme

As a mom, and a rather emotional person I often avoid the news, but finally spent some time reading and  listening to the news from Haiti. It is so devastating to hear the stories of death, injuries, homelessness, and destruction.

My heart aches for all those that are suffering.

In light of the disaster I will be donating to disaster relief in several ways, and you can help!

All income I receive from my blog in the month of January will be donated to the disaster in Haiti. Here are some easy ways you can help me raise funds.

• Buy an ad on The Centsible Life. Send me a note via my contact form. 100% of all proceeds for the month of January will go to disaster relief.
  • Click on my affiliate links. Shop via my links and 100% of January proceeds will go to disaster relief. Each link has a various % that I earn as a commission and 100% of that commission will go to disaster relief. <more links to come>
  • Click on any of the links in my sidebar under ads to help raise funds.
  • Go to my giveaway post and leave a comment to enter. For every comment I receive I will donate 10 ¢ to disaster relief. It’s already up to 157 comments.
  • Bloggers can join in my Help for Haiti fund drive, please contact me. I will provide links to your site, as well featuring your content here as a thank you for supporting this very important cause.

It may seem like a small effort, but it’s what I can do from the comfort of my suburban home.

All funds will be donated to Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders.

Friends who are Helping Haiti

I found OVER 100 other bloggers who are doing the same. Head over to Money Saving Mom’s site to see the 120+ (and growing!) blogs that are helping you donate funds even if you can’t afford to.  Amazing. This is what blogging is all about.

Julie from Precious Personalities is skipping the sitter this weekend to spend time with her family. She’s using the proceeds to donate to disaster relief through MAZON. She’s calling it Skip the Sitter, Help Haiti. You can grab her button, and let her know you are doing the same. If we had a date night I would definitely do the same thing, but we rarely get out of the house, unfortunately.

Liz from Looking Good (for a mom), is donating in a variety of ways. She is willing to donate upwards of $250, and even better her company will match her donation! Ways you can help include becoming a fan, using her affiliate links, and signing up for email updates from her site.

Please feel free to email me if you are also hosting donations on your site.

Kelly

About Kelly

Kelly Whalen is the founder and editor of the Centsible Life blog. She started the blog 6 years ago as her family faced a mountain of debt. The blog became a resource to readers and a hub for everything you need in life for less. Kelly lives in the Philadelphia area with her superhero husband, 4 awesome kids, and one adorable dog. She still believes you can have it all....just not all at once.

Comments

1. Stacey says

I think it is great what you are doing! Its amazing how many bloggers have joined in. Hopefully with everyone putting it out there, our donations will be able to help these needy people. Good luck!

2. Stacey says

3. Gifts 41 Gifts 4 All says

Thanks for doing your part to help Haitian earthquake victims by taking time to link up with other blogs.

I'm giving $10 eCOUPONs to my online gift store Gifts For One Gifts For All (www.giftsforonegiftsforall.com) to those that have donated to organizations helping the Haitian earthquake victims. When the eCOUPON is redeemed, 10% of the purchase will also be donated to organizations helping Haiti. Read my blog for more details at http:/bit.ly/DONATE2HAITI on how you can receive your eCOUPON for donating.

For bloggers raising awareness or making donations for comments or links made and you want to thank those that have contributed to your blog, contact me at info@giftsforonegiftsforall.com to a eCOUPON you can give those that have help you give.

Don't forget to contact me to receive your eCOUPON for doing your part to help Haitian earthquake victims.

4. Gifts 41 Gifts 4 All says

5. says

What a great idea, Kelly! I, too, avoid the news for the same reasons you do, but I started reading more about Haiti last night. I was in tears, and wanted to figure out how I could help. Thanks for doing this!

6. says