Did you read this post? I‘m donating 10¢ per comment on this post from now until the contest closes on 1/24. I’m also donating all ad proceeds from January, so get busy clicking! You can find more info on how you can help fund Haiti disaster relief in my Help for Haiti post.
Today is my 1 year blog anniversary! I can’t believe it’s been a year already. I have had so much fun blogging this year, and some amazing experiences as well. To celebrate I’m inviting you to win some amazing prizes provided by me, and some generous companies, and amazing friends. <rules and ways to enter are listed after the prizes>
Stay tuned as I may be adding to the prize list over the next week!
Gift Cards and Cash!
- $25 in cash Provided by Money Crashers, who is hosting the mother of all giveaways with over $7,500 in prizes! They aim to create a community of people making sound financial decisions.
- $25 Amazon.com Gift Card Provided by Budgets Are Sexy, a personal finance blog that promises not to bore you, and is one of the few websites that literally makes me laugh out loud. Sign up for the Budgets Are Sexy V.I.P. newsletter and you may win one of 4 $50 Visa gift cards!
- Five gift cards for Turbo Tax Deluxe for State and Federal Taxes (valued at $50). Provided by Turbo Tax
- $10 gift card to Whole Foods Provided by Whole Foods Market in Devon,PA.
- $15 gift card to iTunes Provided by Brian from My Next Buck who in 1 year “kicked gambling, got out of debt, and invested over $16,000 in retirement all while living in one of the most expensive cities in the country for under $28,000.
- $25 Sun and Earth gift card to Alice.com (valid only for Sun and Earth products) Provided by Sun and Earth
- $40 Sun and Earth gift card to Alice.com(valid only for Sun and Earth products) Provided by Sun and Earth
Bonus! If you aren’t a member of Alice, sign up via this link, and you’ll receive $10 signup bonus! Alice offers FREE shipping, so this is really $25 or $40 of amazing Sun and Earth products.
Tools You Can Use
- Money School for Couples by Neal Frankle, CFP is a course designed for couples to learn to work together to take control of their finances. The course includes videos, worksheets, and exercises. I am in the midst of trying it out, so look for my review soon. Provided by Neal, who is a certified financial planner, and blogger at Wealth Pilgrim.
- Premium Pocketsmith membership (valued at $60): Pocketsmith is an online budgeting tool that allows you to create a calendar of expenses, debt, and savings. My favorite feature is the ability to download your calendar to iCal or other calendar software. The thing that sets Pocketsmith apart is it’s ability to forecast your money. For my full review, read my post on Moolanomy. Provided by Pocketsmith.
- Your choice of 3 Turbulence Training workouts (valued at $9.95) Provided by Liz from Looking Good for a Mom. Looking Good (for a mom) is a site about nutrition and fitness written by a mom who thought having kids meant giving up her sexy body. Instead, she’s found it’s absolutely possible to be even more fit and athletic than she ever was in her younger years.
I’m a big believer in books. I love to read. One of the best things I did when I first started turning our finances around was to spend all my free time reading personal finance blogs, and books.
- Wesabe personal finance pack: Includes 5 of co-founder Marc Hedlund’s favorite personal finance books in a limited edition Wesabe bag. Wesabe is a personal finance site that helps you manage your money, but also has a vibrant community that includes Marc and many of the staff at Wesabe as well as users who can help you sort out your personal finance questions. Provided by Wesabe.
- Shoo, Jimmy Choo!: The Modern Girl’s Guide to Spending Less and Saving More by Catey Hill, the money editor for the New York Daily News online. Provided by BudgetPulse, a money management website that includes a savings goals functionality with public goals and request donations from family and friends.
- Secrets of a Stingy Scoundrel: 100 Dirty Little Money-Grubbing Secrets by Phil Villarreal: This is a copy I received for review. Provided by the ¢entsible life.
- See Mom Run: Side Splitting Essays from the World’s Most Harried Moms by Beth Feldman founder of RoleMommy.com. I love this book so much that I’m giving away a copy! Provided by the ¢entsible life.
- How to Be The Family CFO by Kim Snider:My very first review from Get Rich Slowly. Gently used. Provided by the ¢entsible life.
- The Tightwad Gazette II: Promoting Thrift as a Viable Alternative Lifestyle by Amy Dacyczyn. This is a well loved copy, but what else would you expect? Provided by the ¢entsible life.
- 10,001 Ways to Live Large on a Small Budget by the writers of WiseBread Provided by the ¢entsible life.
- Mint Swag:Prize pack with all kinds of Mint.com loot. Mint is a personal finance site that helps you manage your money. You can see all your account info in one place, set budgets, and get email reminders when bills are due. Provided by Mint.com
- Busy Body Book: 2009-2010 Academic Year Personal & Family Grid Organizer: It’s not too late to get organized for this school year! Provided by the ¢entsible life.
- days ago digital day counter for sauces, salsas, and more: As seen on Oprah, and one of Red Plum.com‘s holiday picks. Provided by the ¢entsible life.
- 5 baby onesies that read “Cutest Little Tax Deduction” Provided by Turbo Tax
- Subscribe to get FREE updates from the ¢entsible life in your feedreader, or directly to your email inbox. Subscribers earn 10 extra entries.
- Leave a comment below. Tell me one thing that has changed in the last year in your life. Maybe it’s a new apartment, an addition to your family, or a new job. Each comment counts as 1 entry.
- Bonus entries:
- Have a blog? You can earn an extra 10 entries for writing a blog post or blurb on the contest on your blog. Leave a comment with the URL.
- Tweet about my blogiversary giveaway. Each tweet up to 3/day counts as an entry.
- Head over to my facebook fan page and leave a comment. Counts as an extra entry.
Winners will be chosen by random.org. You can win more than one prize, but not 2 of the same prize. The more you enter, the more chances you have to win! Winners will be chosen on January 24th, and notified via email. Winners will be announced on the blog.
Happy 1st Blogiversary to you my lovely readers, and to me! Looking forward to an amazing 2010.
© 2010 – 2013, Whalen Media LLC. All rights reserved. To repost or publish, please email Kelly.