Everyone who has ever tried to make the most of their money knows that in order to get the best bargains on certain goods, timing is everything. So in order to help the readers of The Centsible Life get their bargain timing down to perfect in February, I have created a “Best Time to Buy” list for each current month. Use these lists to make the most of your money through out the entire year.
Best Time to Buy in February:
1. Jewelry, Fragrances, and Toiletries: Valentine’s Day is one of the biggest times of year for the sales of jewelry, fragrances, and toiletries so avoid buying these items like the plague before Valentine’s Day when retailers hike the prices up.
If you wait until after Valentine’s Day (especially if you wait until March), you can get some great deals on these products.
Valentine’s Day Tip: Tuesdays are usually great days to get bargains at restaurants. It’s typically not a big eating out day, and you might find Twofer Tuesdays type of bargains. Also, food deliveries usually arrive in the beginning of the week so Tuesday is also a great day to get fresh food.
However, this year Valentine’s Day falls on Tuesday. You may want to think twice about going out to eat that night. Or if you are used to getting a Twofer type of deal on Tuesdays, you may want to call the restaurant ahead of time to confirm the deal applies on Valentine’s Day.
2. Cameras: Retailers have come back all excited from this year’s consumer electronics show and want to clear out their showrooms for the newest in electronics. Deals can be still be found through February.
3.Video Games: February is still a good month to get deals on the video games that were popular for the Christmas season. Keep your eyes out for great bargains.
4. Weddings: One of the keys to save money on weddings is to avoid the peak season months. February is not one of those months, and you may be able to get better deals when booking venues, etc. in February.
5. Cruises: Did you know that it is Wave Season? Wave Season is the time of year in which many people book their cruises for the year. For many parts of the country the cold and dreary weather causes people to think about warmer environments, and cruise lines in about January through March offer special deals via special perks and discounted cruise fares to take encourage you to book your favorite cruises. Cruise Critic can teach you how to get the best of those deals.
6. Furniture: New shipments arrive this month and retailers need to clear out their showrooms.
7. Boats: Boat shows are held pretty heavily from January through March with a few bargains to be had in September. Look for great deals because of these shows and the dealers’ needs to clear out their show rooms for the newest in boats.
8. Gas Grills: Same rule applies as it does for January, buy off season. And shopping for gas grill in February? That’s definitely off season.
- Steak – post Valentine’s Day
- Seafood – post Valentine’s Day
The following fruits and vegetables are in season and you will get the best prices on these during the winter months.
And there you have it. What bargains will you be looking for this February?