Guacamole may be my favorite food ever, and this super simple recipe means it’s an easy treat for me to make for a gathering or just for me. I’m fortunate that no one else in my house loves it, which means more for me! Making guacamole is super simple with this recipe, just three ingredients, and it takes less than 5 minutes.
- One firm, but ripe avocado
- Half a lime
- Garlic salt
- Use a (butter) knife to slice avocado in half
- Remove pit use end of sharp knife
- Scoop avocado halves into bowl
- Using your buter knife and a fork slice and smush your avocado to desired consistency (I prefer slightly chunky but creamy)
- Squeeze half of lime on avocado
- Sprinkle on garlic salt to taste
For variations you can try:
- adding small amount of prepared salsa
- use minced garlic and sea salt in place of garlic salt
- spice it up with some chile pepper or chiles
- add minced onions and tomatoes
Are you an avocado/guac junkie like me? Let me know what you think of the recipe, and what you use in your guacamole in the comments.
© 2012 – 2013, Whalen Media LLC. All rights reserved. To repost or publish, please email Kelly.