It’s a rainy Friday here, and in our area we see a LOT of rain. While I have the prerequisite rain jacket and boots (in pink), that look isn’t exactly chic.
I’ve been trying to find a trench coat and boots for awhile, and while I haven’t pulled the trigger yet I found some great budget-friendly coats and boots that will keep you warm, and dry in style.
Tips for finding the right coat for you:
- Mid length coats look good on almost everyone.
- Ruffles and other large lapels on the top are great for pear shaped figures.
- Belted trenches are great for accentuating your waist, and make a great choice for curvy figures.
- Shorter coats look better with pants or jeans, so consider your typical wardrobe before you buy.
- Color and prints are SO in, but make sure you love them enough that you’ll wear them for years to come. It’s a great way to brighten up an otherwise dreary day.
- Consider spins on the classic trench like contrast stitching, a cape, ruffles, or a longer length.
Tip: Many trench coats are not water resistant. This is easily remedied by using a spray coating you can find at most big box stores. Just be sure to test it on a small area to start.
Boots don’t have to be boring! From color to prints that are so in right now to boots with heels there really is something for everyone.
I’m totally loving the rain shoes. They are adorable, and would work great in slush and snow too.
© 2012, Whalen Media LLC. All rights reserved. To repost or publish, please email Kelly.