Update: This giveaway is now closed. CONGRATS to Lynda T. on winning the iPad!
We have one TV in our house. While that’s not a bad thing (it’s actually a conscious choice we made) it does lead to some frustration when there are dueling shows on or worse yet kids with vastly different tastes want to watch TV. Let’s just say the 15 year old boy doesn’t care for Jessie and Good Luck Charlie, nor do the younger crew get to watch the Daily Show recordings.
When we made the switch to Verizon one of the things we were most concerned about was losing the ability to use our iPads as viewing devices since at the time Verizon didn’t have an app for that. Not that we were losing much–our previous provider had an app we used, but the hitch? The app rarely worked well because our signal well…stunk. (read more about how we ‘got’ it here)
When Verizon shared that they had a new mobile iOS app, Verizon FiOS app, in the works I was beyond excited. But the reality is soooo much better. We’ve used it EVERY day since it launched. It’s changed our viewing habits (making it easier to consolidate viewing into one time period for everyone), and allowed us more freedom to watch what we want where we want to.
Features on the Verizon App:
- Kid-friendly features: Have kids? On launch the app will allow you to set up a pin to make certain content restricted. You’ll also want to head into the settings and change the viewing ages to your personal preference.
- On Demand: Watch On Demand videos and TV show, whether purchasing movies or rentals or viewing from Verizon’s OnDemand bank of shows.
- Watch LIVE!: Yes, it’s true you can watch LIVE tv! So if you have two live events (say the Golden Globes and a Playoff game) going on at once everyone can watch what they choose.
- Organize your DVR: For me it’s also been an awesome tool to organize our DVR schedule so we don’t miss a recording of Downton Abbey in favor of a rerun of Phineas and Ferb.
- Set up Shows to Record: If you need to set up new shows to record this is the easiest way! You can even do it while you couch potato another show.
Sounds awesome right? But don’t take my word for it! You can win your own iPad to experience the awesome that is Verizon’s iOS app yourself!
Giveaway Prize: One lucky winner will receive an iPad courtesy of Verizon FiOS!
To Enter: Leave a comment and share what feature you’d most like to try on the Verizon FiOS app!
Bonus Entries: Leave a comment for each extra entry.
Tweet it! (limit 5 per day)
Rules: Read the full giveaway rules before entering. Giveaway ends January 21st at 10am ET.
Disclosure: As a Verizon ambassador I am compensated for my time, and received an iPad to try out the new FiOS app.