This week we’re in full on camp prep mode for sleepaway camp next week. Two of our kids are headed off to overnight camp for the first time! The list of essentials to pack for camp is long, but I’m armed with suggestions from their camp and my own must-haves.
We partnered with Banana Boat® to create a must-have list of summer essentials for campers. Whether your kids are heading to daycamp or sleepaway camp you’ll find everything you need on this list!
Walmart Summer Central
We headed to Walmart to pick up all the essentials we needed for their sleepaway camping trip this week so they would have everything they need (and then some!).
Walmart is chock full of summer things we need at great prices. It’s literally Summer Central with everything from swimming essentials and camping gear to barbeque needs and all the sunscreen you’ll need this summer.
Camp Prep List
I put together an extensive prep list, but I’m also including them broken down by type of essentials in case your kids have different summer plans.
- Swimsuits: Our camp recommends bringing two. Make sure to try on last year’s suits before you buy!
- Swim goggles: These are essential for my kids-I pack two pairs in case one breaks or gets lost.
- Banana Boat® waterproof sunscreen: Perfect for swimming since it doesn’t slide right off!
- Pennies for a diving toy: They’re easy to pack, plus we save lots of them!
- Beach towels: A must for drying off, warming up, and playing at the beach or pool. Pack 2 or 3. I prefer smaller ones since they take up less space.
- Shower supplies: Small sized toiletries are a must for camping. Pack an all-in-one body wash/shampoo/conditioner to make it easier for younger kids. I found small sized poufs for washing, too.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste: Travel sizes will do nicely. You can also have them pack their toothbrush and toss it at the end of camp.
- Carrying container: A small plastic container is a great way to carry their toiletries.
- Hair supplies: A brush or comb to keep their hair knot free, an abundance of hair ties, and a headband to keep long hair out of their faces during important tug of war matchups.
- Banana Boat® Sunscreens: Pack a variety of sunscreen products like waterproof for the pool or lake, regular for hiking, travel sizes for reapplying during the day, and if you have a fair-skinned child make sure to pack some after sun lotion in case they forget to reapply.
- Bug repellant: To keep those pesky mosquitoes at bay.
- Socks: You can never have too many clean socks.
- Underwear: Yep.
- Outfits: Pack a few extra in case the kids need them.
- Messy clothes: If they have an art studio it’s a great idea to pack some messy clothes for painting or claymaking.
- Layers: jackets, sweatshirts, etc. for rainy days or cool evenings.
- Pajamas: For bed of course.
- Shoes: waterproof sandals are great, so are sneakers. Be sure to pack a pair of slipons like flip flops for the showers.
- Laundry bag: To collect their dirty clothes. Though really everything will get washed when they come home.
- Plastic bags: For storing toiletries, and great for bringing home wet suits, socks, and more.
- Camera: For capturing memories.
- Letter writing supplies: Keep it old school with paper, pens, envelopes, and stamps.
- Backpack: For daytime hikes, carrying their towel and goggles, etc.
- Sleeping bags: A must no matter the weather-they’ll keep them warm on a cool night or cool them off on a hot one.
- Flashlight: For those late night flashlight games and middle of the night bathroom trips.
Phew! That should cover them for the week they’re away, and hopefully they’ll come back with bags full of dirty clothes and a head full of fond memories.
Banana Boat® Summer Vacation
All signs point to fun in the sun for when you’re prepared. Whether your summer adventures take you to the beach, a picnic, a road trip, camping Banana Boat® has you covered. They have a variety of products that you can use all summer long.
Want to win a big family reunion? Learn how you and 50 family members could win a summer vacation with Banana Boat®. Find more info at Banana Boat®.
Whatever sun scene you and your family choose, Banana Boat® has you covered.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Banana Boat® . The opinions and text are all mine.