Normally I bring you a recycled craft project each month. But, if you are like me, you have hoards of leftover Halloween candy. So this month I’m showing you how to make super cute gluten-free turkey cookies using some of that Halloween candy. Kids will love making them.
I absolutely love decorating cookies over the holiday season, especially when it’s something fun that I can do with (or for) my kids.
What you need:
- Round Sugar Cookies – there’s a great gluten-free recipe here.
- Chocolate Frosting – some store bought are actually gluten-free, which is what I used, but if you want homemade, try this recipe.
- Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup – all are gluten-free except holiday shapes
- M&M’s – in assorted colors
- Candy eyeballs
- Jelly Belly Candy Corn
- Wilton Sparkle Gel – red and yellow or orange.
Make sure your cookies are completely cooled on wire racks before decorating.
Using a knife to spread a fairly thin layer of chocolate frosting over the cookie.
Place the Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup upside down, a little lower than center, for the face.
Place rows of M&M’s around the top of the cookie, sticking them into the frosting.
Add the candy eyes and candy corn beak, using a little chocolate frosting to attach them to the peanut butter cup.
Using the sparkle gel, add the wattle and feet.