I love the internet. It’s no secret that most of us do. We may love it because we read or write online. We may love it because it connects us to loved ones no matter where they are. But have you ever used your laptop or smartphone to connect with someone who can help you be healthier? Sure we may follow fitness blogs, or look for recipes online, but wouldn’t it be great to connect with someone who could get to know you and help you be healthier on a personal level?
Sounds like a great idea, doesn’t it? It already exists! (this is why I love the internet)–Amwell is the solution. It allows you to connect with registered dieticians and nutritionists to help you reach your health goals via your desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. The future of our healthcare is literally in your pocket (or purse)-just a click away.
Amwell’s registered dietitians and nutritionists can help you reach a goal like losing weight, training for a fitness event, or getting answers about eating a healthier diet. You can use it for yourself or your kids.
Think about being able to click on an app and having a conversation in the grocery store or being able to chat with someone who can make specific recommendations for you based on what you like. I mean I know I should eat more beans, but it just isn’t happening. Now you can get advice on your picky eater without even leaving home.
Why Use Amwell?
No matter what your health and wellness goals are you will find a host of reasons to work with a registered dietitian or nutritionist via Amwell. The first of which is their high standards.
Amwell hires only registered dietitians who all must complete/comply with the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor or master’s degree with concentration in nutrition/dietetics
- Complete an accredited, supervised practice program in a clinical setting
- Pass Commission on Dietetic Registration’s national examination
- Complete 75 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) every 5 years
They are qualfied to deliver nutrition education, provide services for prevention of disease, can help you maintain wellness, and can help you manage diseases you already have, too.
Save Time + Money with Amwell
Looking for more reasons to try it? You’ll not only save time, but money as well with the app.
- Low cost: Amwell offers low price and in some cases your health insurance may cover all or a portion of the cost. Due to lower overhead costs for providers Amwell charges significantly less than a typical office visit. RD visits are $25 for 30 minutes while doctor appointments cost $49.
- Availability: Need to ask a question at off hours when your physician is not available or even in the middle of the night? You’ll find availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days of the year at Amwell. One way you may use your RD appointment is at the grocery store or even on a long walk to discuss your wellness goals and progress.
- Fast Appointments: How many times have you waited in the waiting room well past the time you were supposed to be seen? No need to wait long with fast appointments or even schedule an appointment! It’s perfect for on the go help whether you’re traveling or simply short on time.
- Keep On Track: Using Amwell is like having your personal health coach in your pocket. Set up regular visits and even share your data and results with your RD via Amwell. You can even integrate your data with Apple’s Health App.
How To Use Amwell
I test drove the app (using the free code I’ll share below–keep scrolling) myself and while I am not able to share the information I learned or about my session I found it incredibly helpful.
Signing up was simple. Below is a quick + easy step by step guide.
Click Sign Up.
Next you’ll be promoted to create an account.
Now you have to get your setup ready.
- Test your internet speed.
- Test your camera.
- Test your mic.
- Test your speakers.
By doing this you won’t waste time or money when your session starts.
Once you’re done you’ll be prompted to click on a service you need. In addition to nutritional advice you can also talk to doctors, specialists, and therapists.
After you click on Amwell Diet & Nutrition you will see service providers in your area that you can chat with live immediately, view profiles, and even see a welcome video from your provider. You’ll also get their background, location they’re based out of, and more.
It’s an easy way to screen the providers before moving forward with your session.
Once you choose a provider you’ll be prompted to enter payment information, so keep reading for a free code for your first visit.
Moms Love Amwell
More About Amwell
Created by doctors, Amwell is:
- The most popular consumer telehealth app worldwide in 2014 according to App Annie
- The first telehealth service awarded accreditation by The American Telemedicine Association
- The first telehealth platform to integrate with Apple’s Health App
- The only service that allows you to select the doctor you want to see for an on-demand visit
Get a FREE session from Amwell
Visit American Well and use code FITFORLIFE for a free visit with an Amwell dietitian or nutritionist.
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of American Well.