Have you ever wondered how to sell a diamond? You may have considered it with diamonds that are a family heirloom or selling a ring that’s no longer wanted (such as in the case of a divorce, broken engagement, or an upgrade to a new ring). You may have considered it for financial reasons, too. Whatever the circumstances if you’ve tried to sell a diamond you know the process isn’t straightforward and values can vary wildly.
You may find appraisers offer different values, especially in the case of older family heirlooms. I actually have a family heirloom to sell myself. In my case several jewelers offered me credits at their stores in lieu of payment or less than $100. While I certainly don’t know a lot about diamond sales I knew this wasn’t a good price, so I’ve held onto the ring.
Thankfully we found an easier way with Diamond Lighthouse. Diamond Lighthouse offers diamond appraisal online. It’s a company that is made up of expert gemologists and market researchers in New York’s Diamond District. They differ from most companies since they don’t buy diamonds or sell them, they act as an in-between for you (the seller) and top buyers (the buyer) to help you get the most money for your diamond.
Think of them as a diamond consignment portal. Since they make a percentage of the sale price they work hard to find you the best price.
How To Sell Diamonds with Diamond Lighthouse
It’s so simple and it can be completed in as little as three days! Here’s how it works:
1. Visit the site: Visit the site and learn more. (click here) When you’re ready click ‘Sell Diamond’. You’ll fill in a few details and be on your way. If you’re local in NYC you can meet with the team in person.
2. Mail it in: You’ll be sent an insured package to send your diamond to the expert team at Diamond Lighthouse.
3. Get your price: They will evaluate your diamond within 24 hours and you’ll speak to one of their experts to learn more about how they chose your diamond’s value.
4. See bids: Next you’ll start seeing bids on your diamond in their online portal.
5. Choose a bidder: Accept a bid via the online portal.
6. Get paid: Diamond Lighthouse will handle the transaction (minus any fees) and you’ll get your funds in whatever format you choose.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Diamond Lighthouse.