You’re already spending money this holiday season, so why not get rewarded for it? Instead of just hunting down deals, using coupons, or stacking sales are you taking advantage of cash back and rewards, too? It’s another way to add to your savings, and can really feel like you’re getting paid to buy things you were already going to buy anyway. We call that smart shopping.
I’m a big fan of earning money to shop, and I need all the help I can get during the winter. The winter season is high time for my credit card–we’re shopping for holiday gifts, there are birthdays, our wedding anniversary, and more. In addition, as a small business owner I’m spending on new equipment and other expenses I can stack up before the end of the year. In other words I’m spending….and a lot.
For someone who is pinching pennies and otherwise pretty frugal it can be pretty nerve-wracking to see those January bills, but using rewards can help offset that–at least a little. While there are lots of ways to get rewarded for shopping PNC offers Purchase Payback a way to use your debit or credit card to stack up cash back savings. We use it with a PNC Rewards credit card, and I love that I can earn cash back or rewards just for buying what we already need from groceries to gifts.
How PNC Purchase Payback Works
It’s super simple. If you have a PNC bank account or credit card you already have PNC Purchase Payback! All you have to do is follow the instructions below to activate offers. See a video of how PNC Purchase Payback works here.
How To Use PNC Purchase Payback
Activate Offers: It’s easy to sign up for offers online or on the go. Learn how below.
- Online: From the Account Activity page in Online Banking, click “See all offers” to go to your Rewards Center. You’ll see a complete list of any new offers (along with those you’ve already activated and earned). Simply click on a new offer to activate it.
New Offers On PNC Mobile App
- App: If you’re on the go use the app under ‘Offers’ or ‘Rewards Center’ in the menu. Activate your rewards and you’re all set!
Activated Offer PNC App
Shop: Now you’re ready to shop! Shop with your PNC card and you’ll automatically earn rewards and cash back.
Get Rewards: Your rewards will stack up on their own. Check your rewards balance the next month to see what you earned and use your cash back or rewards!
Why Purchase Payback?
I love using this feature to earn extra points on our PNC rewards credit card. It’s simple to activate offers, I can do it online or on the go, and I get paid for buying things I already would have anyway! It’s a win-win! If you have a PNC bank account you can earn extra cash back or rewards as well.
Why I Love Purchase Payback:
- Easy: I don’t need to bring anything with me-the savings just show up!
- Two ways to access: I can use the app and the website to find offers and sometimes use the app while I’m shopping to find new offers.
- Custom deals: Find the deals you love at stores you already shop at.
- Debit or credit: PNC Purchase payback works with debit and credit cards
Do you get rewarded for shopping? If you’re not you should be! Learn more and sign up for PNC Bank or look at your bank and credit card for similar offers.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Everywhere Agency; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.