The holidays are all about giving. From giving gifts to giving back, there is a LOT of money exchanging hands. While it’s tempting to give monetary gifts in the form of gift cards there’s an even better way to give money this holiday season. It’s called Popmoney.
Popmoney is a personal payment service that allows you to send money to almost anyone in the U.S. Funds go directly from your bank account to theirs. All you need is their name and email address or mobile number to send money.
Benefits of Popmoney
- Send, request and receive money with just about anyone online or through your mobile device.
- Money moves directly from bank account to bank account: there is no middleman and no need to move money from your bank account to use the service.
- Straightforward pricing means you will pay a flat fee of 95¢ per transaction. Your financial institution may even offer it for free!
- Enable auto deposit to your bank account so whenever you receive money it will be automatically deposited into your bank account.
- Popmoney is offered by thousands of banks and credit unions. You can search for your bank here or sign up at Popmoney.com to send and receive money. It only takes a few minutes!
5 Ways to Use Popmoney for the Holidays
1. Help Popmoney Give Back for the Holidays
Popmoney is partnering with more than 200 banks and credit unions throughout the holiday season for a giving campaign. Each time you use Popmoney via your financial institution, a $1 donation will be made to Good360. You can find a full list of participating banks and credit unions here.
2. Collect Money for Gifts
During the holidays you may need to collect funds for a holiday gift. Whether you’re collecting funds for a holiday gift for your child’s teachers, or getting money for the family to buy Granny an iPad, Popmoney makes it simple.
3. Send Tips
At the holidays you often need to send extra tips or bonuses to people like house cleaners, baby sitters, or other service providers. Using Popmoney makes it easy to send money in a flash.
4. Send Cash to the Kids
As your kids get older or the kids in your extended family grow up they need less gifts and more cold hard cash. Whether it’s your college-aged son, your niece who is a newlywed, or your cousin who has a cute new baby at home—cash is the perfect gift to give. Sending your gift via Popmoney is not only easy and quick for you, but it will be easy for them to get the money and use it as they need or want.
5. Share Costs for the Holidays
Whether you’re hosting a big meal or planning a holiday getaway for friends or family you can use Popmoney to share costs this holiday season. Simply request funds using someone’s name and email address or mobile phone number and they’ll get a notice and be able to pay you easily and quickly. It’s a great way to share costs.
What is Popmoney?
The Popmoney® personal payment service lets you send money to, or request and receive money from, friends, family or just about anyone, online or through your mobile device.
More than 2,300 participating banks, such as Citibank, PNC, SunTrust, and a host of community banks and credit unions offer Popmoney through online or mobile banking.
A list of participating banks is available at Popmoney.com. The service can also be accessed at Popmoney.com or through apps for iPhone and Android devices.
Find more info:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Popmoney.