Vegan gluten-free chocolate chip cookies? Yes, please. We created this awesome recipe so you can have your cookies and eat them, too. 😉 These are perfect for anyone who wants to avoid animal products or has allergies. They’re a crowd-pleaser, too. My kids could not tell the difference between these and our regular cookies. While cookies may not be an everyday occurrence it’s nice to be able to make a dessert that everyone loves every once in awhile.
Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup silken/soft tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan-friendly chocolate chips (Ghirardelli makes a vegan option)
- Preheat oven to 375Fº.
- Stir dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Blend tofu in a blender, food processor, or with a mixer until smooth and light.
- In a separate bowl, whip coconut oil and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Whip in the tofu, and then slowly add the flour mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips to your level of preference and stir with a spoon or spatula.
- Portion out with a cookie scoop onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes until cookies flatted out and seem set. They will seem semi-uncooked in the center, but will set up as they cool on a cooling rack.
Adaptations to consider:
You shouldn’t be afraid to adapt recipe to your needs or tastes. Here are a few ideas to try.Liquid sweetener in lieu of coconut sugar (just use 1/2 the amount, so 3/4 cup of agave nectar for instance).
- Add a sprinkling of cinnamon and/or nutmeg for the fall.
- Try a little lemon zest for added zing.
- Use regular flour if you aren’t gluten-free.
Need cookie baking supplies?
We’ve got you covered. These are some our favorites:
- Wilton 3 Tier Cooling Rack ($9.99): for making lots of cookies at once!
- Stainless Steel Baller ($8.50): to make perfect sized cookies.
- NordicWare Cookie Sheet ($10.50): Skip non-stick and get this professional-style cookie sheet instead.
- Nature’s Way Coconut Oil ($12.45): Coconut oil is a favorite way to cook, and this one is great for baking.