I know what you’re thinking watermelon and salsa? They don’t seem to go together, but they work so well! And now that it is getting warmer out watermelon is always on my shopping list. Not only do I use it to keep the kids hydrated when they’re playing outside, but I also love to try new recipes with watermelon. (see Kelly’s Summer Sangria recipe)
- 1/4 a full size watermelon cut into small chunks
- 2 ripe mangoes cut into small cubes
- 1 seedless cucumber cut into small cubes
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar ( I like Braggs)
- Iodized sea salt (to taste)
- Combine ingredients
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or up to two days
- Serve chilled
Serving the watermelon salsa with chips is a no brainer, but you could also make it fun with fruit chips. Additionally, it can be a great topping to take boring chicken or fish from blah to amazing!
Another way I opted to serve is was atop a simple spinach and chicken salad. It was a perfect way to make the salad something special.
Making this watermelon salsa was easy, and the whole family enjoyed it! It’s so versatile, too. I’m looking forward to making this all summer long for picnics, cookouts, and snacking.