This month is a huge month for shopping. Black Friday is the ‘official’ start of the holiday shopping season, however many stores have opened their doors on Thanksgiving Day. While we don’t love that trend, we know there are a lot of great deals to be had this month whether you’re holiday shopping or not.
Just be sure if you stock up on candy for next year you stash it away from everyone’s eyes and fingers for now! The candy make s a great gift, topping for holiday treats, and even a stocking stuffer.
Now let’s get to it-here’s what you should buy in November.
1.Halloween Candy & Goods Halloween is over! And for the first few days of this month you can find discount bargains on all things Halloween including candy. This would be a great time to buy various chocolates and put them in the freezer for the future stuffing of stockings. At least that is what Santa does.
2. Home goods Cookware, dinnerware, etc. all start to really go on sale this month. Look for great bargains to make your tables beautiful for the upcoming holidays.
3. Food Apple, squash, sweet potatoes, and turkey all are at good prices this month. And if you enjoy turkey, now is the time to buy an extra and put it in the freezer as per Bankrate.com turkey prices will rise as much as 30 cents per pound in December.
4. Toys Neighborhood Toy Store Day is this month and many locally owned retailers in order to celebrate the unique items that can only be found at neighborhood toy stores offer demonstrations and discounts this day. Look for specials in your areas.
5. Personal Grooming Products Shavers, massagers, etc. are usually on sale at the beginning of this month. It’s time to stock up on all of your personal grooming needs for the year.
6. Televisions and other gadgets Door buster sales and Black Friday deals are sometimes the best prices that you can find on newer electronic products during the year. However, even better prices can be found on last year’s models. So watch those advertisements for whatever you may be looking for.
7. Winter Staples Discounts on hats, scarves, gloves and other items can be found leading up to Black Friday, and often times if you try to wait until the season is over these items might be gone. So if you find a good price this month, jump on it. Though if you like a gamble, the best deals on these products can often be found later in winter.
8. Furniture Sales of 20-30% off can be found this time of year on furniture at stores such as Walmart, Target, etc. Furniture sales at bigger furniture retailers often happen in January, so if you don’t find what you want this month, you only have to wait another couple of months.
9. Wedding Dresses Not that many people get married between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and retailers are more open to negotiations for wedding dresses during this lull in sales. But don’t wait until after Christmas as there are a lot of engagements that happen over the holidays.
10. Custom Christmas Cards, Photo Books, etc. During this time of year a lot of online retailers offer big bargains on custom cards, photo books, etc. Look for buy one get one 50% off, free shipping, and other great discounts this month regarding theses goods.
What are you shopping for this month?