With Valentine’s Day tomorrow and a major storm hitting most of the East Coast you may not have had a chance to get your Valentine something special. For those of us last-minute folks (me included!) here are 10 easy and frugal Valentine’s Day ideas.
10 Easy & Frugal Valentine Gifts
For your Valentine only the best will do, but you don’t have to spend a lot to show your Princess or Prince Charming how much they mean to you.
1. Bake up something sweet: Baking something sweet for your sweetheart is a sure-fire win! Cookies, cupcakes, or brownies are sure to be favorites!
2. A love note: I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love a written note, especially since they are so rare these days.
3. Chocolates or candies: A little sweet for your sweet is a marvelous gift! It doesn’t have to be fancy. Put together a gift basket of her favorite candies.
4. A good book: Readers will love a new book to read, and if you’re giving it to someone who doesn’t get a lot of time to read (ahem) give them some time off to read!
5. Breakfast is served: Make breakfast for your loved one(s) including something special like their favorite fruit.
6. Go for a coffee date: Much cheaper than an evening out, and for parents you can squeeze in some time after school drop off and before work.
7. Explore: Go somewhere new to explore. While you may not be able to leave the house just yet you can use our DIY Date Invite to create a special invitation for a future time.
8. Plants: Flowers are lovely but they don’t last long. Instead get a plant for a longer reminder of your affection.
9. Dinner and a movie (on the couch): No need to spend tons of money for a date night out and the babysitter as well. Get takeout or make your favorite dish and rent a movie. You can have date night right on the couch!
10. A bottle of…: Pick up a bottle of wine, spirits, or your Prince’s favorite scotch.
What last-minute gift ideas do you have?