I’m not done shopping yet. Are you? Snow is pouring down, and I’m not one to drive in snow (especially with a 2WD minivan), so I will be finishing up the rest of my shopping online. You might think shipping won’t happen until after the holiday, but many websites are offering free expedited shipping. I’m happy to avoid the headache of going to out in the snow, and the craziness that I witnessed last night at the grocery store.
Learn more: Ultimate Holiday Planning Guide
5 last minute gift ideas
- Restaurant.com started offering gift cards. They are also having an 80% off sale on gift certificates, and their Dinner of the Month club. That’s $2 for a $25 gift certificate! Buy Restaurant.com Gift Certificates here!
- Shoebuy is offering FREE Express Delivery by 12/24 Guaranteed. Expires 12/22/09. Use this link to get FREE shipping. Slippers like these knock-off Uggs, for 1/2 the price!,(Brumby Australia Slippers) are a great gift for the mom on your list. For the littlest recipient on your list-check out these adorable and warm Robeez Booties. We had these for my youngest and he wore them everyday, so much easier than socks.
- Amazon still offers guaranteed Christmas delivery for many items. You can avoid shipping costs by signing up for a FREE trial of Amazon Prime. All you have to do is remember to cancel after 20-25 days (do this by marking your calendar). Sign up for Amazon Prime by clicking on the link. I ordered a few items for my husband, and finished up the kids’ list as well. My items are arriving on Monday!
- Bake something! We (well I should say my husband) make cookies, and other treats for holiday gifts. These are great to add to gift baskets. While we are snowed in he’ll be baking cookies, and some other treats, and I’ll box them up. In years past I have included them in a gift basket I made myself with specialty items from Trader Joe’s and a basket from Ten Thousand Villages. [Tip: Here’s our recipe for Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies]
- If all else fails you can always get an Amazon gift card, that can be delivered via email to your recipient, so you can buy them as late as Christmas Day! Personally I love getting gift cards since I’m notoriously hard to shop for.
Are you done shopping? What last minute gift ideas would you add? What are the last minute gifts you need to get?