One of the best parts of the holidays is the food! While we love to cook and bake all year-long we find cooking and baking at the holidays is so special! We have our own family traditions including baking lots of cookies, a big breakfast of cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning, and a hearty meal with a roast or ham from Christmas Day.
Cooking up our favorites can be costly, though. GIANT Food Stores makes it easy this holiday season with special savings, great recipe ideas, and so much more. I partnered with them to create a holiday menu on a budget that you can use, too.
- Cinnamon rolls recipe , gluten-free cinnamon rolls with modified recipe (just use gluten-free flour instead of regular flour)
- Bacon and sausage
- Fruit salad
- Drinks: water, vanilla milk steamers, eggnog (dairy-free for me), and coffee. LOTS of coffee for the grownups after the kids get us up at 5am.
- Leg of lamb with rosemary, mint, and garlic pesto recipe or roast (find roast recipes here)
- Roasted squash with cranberry crumble recipe
- Steamed green beans
- Roasted asparagus
- Gluten-free cornbread recipe, rolls
- Side salad with spinach, pears, and crumbled pecans
- Drinks with lunch/dinner: water, milk, wine, and sparkling cider
For all the below recipes we adapt to gluten-free or dairy-free as needed by using replacement products like gluten-free baking mix, almond milk in place of milk, etc.
- Coconut macaroons recipe
- Pecan cookie balls recipe
- Rich chocolate brownies recipe
- Cinnamon crackle cookies recipe
- Ginger cookies recipe
- Chocolate chip cookies recipe
- Drinks with dessert: Hot cocoa recipe, coffee, and tea.
Prepared Dinners and Foods for your Holiday Celebrations
If you would love to have a holiday meal, but don’t have the time or inclination to do any of the work GIANT offers prepared holiday meals. You can purchase meals and sides and customize them with your choice of pie. Choices include a traditional turkey meal, holiday turkey for two, a holiday ham dinner, holiday ham for two, or holiday sides.
What are you planning to cook up for the holidays this year?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of GIANT Food Stores.