I’m Kelly Whalen, the editor and owner of the Centsible Life. My site is a resource devoted to helping readers live the life of their dreams on a budget. The Centsible Life focuses on frugal fashion, healthy meal plans, money-saving ideas, personal finance basics, budget-friendly travel, and life on a budget.
Readers are the reason the site exists. The Centsible Life audience is made up of mainly women in their 20s-40s with middle- to high-income households. They are most often college educated and live all over the United States with a subset of readers in other countries including Canada, Australia, Europe, India, and more. Readers’ interests include a range of lifestyle topics from beauty and fashion to crafts and DIY.
Social Media Engagement
Social media isn’t just about followers and fans, it’s about truly engaging with your community. While the Centsible Life has a hearty follower base across social media that doesn’t tell the whole story. The real magic comes from our engagement. Below is a sample of our engagement on twitter and Facebook for 30 days.
As Seen On
Kelly Whalen and the Centsible Life have been featured in print, on television, and on dozens of websites and blogs. For a list of press links see the Centsible Life press page.
‘Money Blogs We Love’ feature from Woman’s Day magazine.
Kelly is available as a freelance writer, brand ambassador, and for occasional travel and press junkets. The Centsible Life offers sponsored posts, social media sponsorships, chats, and giveaways for readers. There are a limited number of spots available for causes, but those are all filled for the first half of 2015.
Sample Brand Work
Example of Ambassador Work
- Spend Smart: Helped SpendSmart reach audience of over 5 million readers. Read posts from the blog here.
- Toyota Amabassador: A series of posts on the 2014 Toyota Sienna.
Current Brand Partnerships
- Vicks: Series of sponsored posts about various Vicks brand products.
- GIANT Food Stores series: Series of sponsored posts surrounding GIANT’s offerings and sales.
- Discover Ambassador series: Series of personal finance posts for Discover.
- Popmoney: Series of posts about personal payment service Popmoney.
Sample of Sponsored Posts
- FTD: Mother’s Day campaign with FTD.
- Tips To Survive Daylight Savings: How to help you conquer Daylight Savings Time with Vicks.
Personal Finance Posts
- Make Your Money Matter Campaign: A campaign to inform readers about the benefits of using a credit union.
- Kaiku Prepaid Card: A review of the Kaiku prepaid card.
Home & Lifestyle Posts
- Goodwill: Spring cleaning with Goodwill.
- HomeZada: A digital hub for all things home.
- Wayfair Homemaker: sponsored posts and guest blogging for Wayfair
Sample of Budget Travel Posts
- Virginia Beach: Frugal and fun things to do in Virginia Beach
- Visit Philly: Shared staycation or vacation ideas for Philly via two posts.
Frugal Food/Recipes Posts
- Good Food Made Simple
- ACME Markets: I Heart Acme series
- Knorr on behalf of Giant Eagle: Spanish Chicken & Rice Recipe
Reviews are offered on a limited basis on The Centsible Life. Please see samples of previous reviews below.
Centsible Life does not guarantee reviews of product samples. Samples are considered for review based on a 3 point system-quality, value, and fit for the website and readers. We strive to offer honest reviews including pros, cons, and our opinions. All links to review products and websites are nofollow and all items received for review are marked as such. Affiliate links are often used in reviews.
Below is a sampling of the freelance writing work produced for a variety of clients by Kelly. For additional samples or to inquire about rates please email Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- H&R Block: personal finance writing
- Hashtracking: hashtag and social media posts
- Mom Advice: personal finance series
- Citi’s Women & Co: freelance writer for Women & Co.
- Betterment: in depth personal finance articles
- Lowe’s Creative Ideas blog
- Y! Motherboard
- Consumerism Commentary
- Turbo Tax Blog
- Chester County Moms
Still have questions? Email us for a rate kit or more info at email@example.com, and thanks for reading!