1. China & Cookware: Wedding season is about to start and to clear out last year’s cookware to make room for this year’s latest, retailers will be marking everything down.
2. Winter Gear: The old rule of buying out of season products to get the best bargains on those products applies here. While shopping specifically look for boots, skiis, and snow blowers which are often big ticket items during the height of the winter season.
3. Houses: If you’re looking for a great deal on a home, December through January are still your best months. However, if you are looking for a larger selection of homes spring is your season.
4. Car Accessories and Parts: Per the Car Care Council April of 2012 is National Car Care Month. Look for promotional car car maintenance products to go on sale this month (especially tires), and enjoy this free customizable service schedule, a schedule and e-mail reminder service, from www.carecare.org.
5. Vacuum Cleaners: Spring has sprung and so has everyone’s urge to get that spring cleaning started. Look for bargains on vacuum cleaners during April as retailers clear out their show rooms for new models that will begin to arrive in June.
6. Laptops: Depending upon the brand April can be a great month to purchase a laptop. Apple’s products are definitely ones to watch as per PC World,
“Apple tends to update its laptop line twice a year: generally there’s a significant change to the line-up in spring (in the March to May timeframe).”
7. Televisions: New models of televisions are released in the spring. Look for bargains from last year’s models.
8. Winter Fabrics: Stores need to make room for the spring inventories, so to do so they mark down all of their winter fabrics.
9. Sneakers: People start heading outdoors more in April, and the sales on sneakers coincides with this trend. November is also a good time to find bargains as the cold weather slows down the sales of these shoes.
10. Furniture: April is a big month for furniture market trade shows. Retailers will be clearing out older styles to make room for the new looks gotten at these trade shows. Especially look for sales on office furniture around tax time.
11. Repositioning Cruises: There are several times a year, mostly as the season changes, where cruise lines move their ships to the locations that are most popular for that season. For example cruise lines that have boats in Alaska might move them to the Caribbean in the fall. Rather than sailing these ships without passengers, cruise lines offer a great discount to their consumers with more time on a cruise to spend relaxing and exploring the ship. Be careful though! All that time on the ship may give you an end of the trip statement that is much higher than you anticipated. .
13. Foods: To find the best deals on food think about shopping around Easter holiday weekend and post-Easter sales.
- Kosher foods
- Easter Clearance Candy
- Ready-made dough
- Dinner rolls
- Frozen pies
- Cake Mix
- Cake Frosting
- Pie Crusts
Everyone who has ever tried to make the most of their money knows that in order to get the best bargains on certain goods, timing is everything. So in order to help the readers of The Centsible Life get their bargain timing down to perfect, I have created a “Best Time to Buy list for each current month. Use these lists to make the most of your money through out the entire year.
What are you shopping for this month?