I made this yesterday and had to share. This is especially good when you have a cold, or it’s a blustery day. The chili really warms you up!
It is one of my favorite new recipes, modified from the simpler Trader Joe’s version (they include Trader Joe’s wontons which I thought tasted like cardboard!)
Learn more: Coconut Soup Recipe
Chicken Chili Soup Recipe
- 1 carton organic chicken broth or 4 cups homemade broth [see above]
- 1 c. brown rice (white would be good too, if you use white rice this will take 1/2 as much time to cook)
- 1 bottle Trader Joe’s Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 c. Trader Joe’s Soyaki (soy sauce with sesame seeds)
- leftover cooked chicken (I cooked some chicken thigh meat I keep for soups)
- green onions
Put chicken broth in a large soup pot, add bottle of chili sauce, 1/2 c. Soyaki, and 1 c. rice. Bring to boil. Turn down to low and cover and let simmer for approx. 40 minutes (approx 20 mins. for white rice). Turn off heat. Add cooked chicken about 5 minutes before serving. Top with green onions. If you use leftover rice noodles or rice this would only take a few minutes to warm up!
Learn more: 6 Ways to Eat on the Go For Less
Let me know how it turns out if you try it!
Like this recipe? There’s lots more on the Centsible Life Recipes Page.