Next week I’m headed to a conference and I’m both excited and nervous. I have so much to do to prepare, but one thing I’ve learned is not to stress too much over my conference clothes. Since I’ve built a budget friendly wardrobe, and I’m used to budget-friendly travel clothes I don’t feel stressed like I have in years past.
Whether you’re traveling to a conference, on vacation, or a work event I wanted to share some tips to help make your travel wardrobe work in any situation.
Five Favorite Fashion Travel Pieces
1. Pack dresses-you never know when you need to dress up! I always pack at least one dress no matter where I’m going. Have little black dress? That’s perfect for travel since it can be dressed up or down with shoes, accessories and dramatic makeup (think smokey eyes).
2. Jeggings are a girl’s best friend especially for air travel. I know not everyone loves them, but choosing jeggings, capris (if they suit your body type), or leggings makes for comfortable but chic travel wear.
3. Cardigans keep you chic and warm no matter where you go. I always end up cold whether it’s the back of a car, a chilly conference room, or a breezy evening. Pack one that can go with everything like a black cardigan and something that’s a little more chic.
4. Pack your dancing shoes! You never know when you’ll need a fab pair of shoes, so pack your fave heels or wedges for cocktail evenings, or date night.
5. Flip flops are a must no matter where you go. Sometimes your feet just need a break! Pack a pair in your carry-on, and keep them in your handbag. Your feet will thank you after a long day of site seeing, tottering on heels, or the morning after a cocktail party.