There’s something about the holidays that delights the senses. Whether it’s the feel of the first snowfall on my face (yes, I still try to eat snowflakes), the smell of a fresh cut Christmas tree, the sight of a roaring fire in our fireplace, or the sound of holiday music–there’s just something magical about this time of year.
There are some non-negotiables in our house when it comes to the holiday season to maintain the magic.
- The tree has to be real. Sorry, but when my parents switched to a fake tree I made them buy pine scent spray, and it’s just not the same.
- The lights have to be plentiful.
- The ornaments have to include handmade kid creations. It’s like walking down memory lane to put up the tree.
- The yard has to be full of ridiculous decorations (we buy a new one every year). This year may be a pig in a Santa hat.
- Most importantly the coffee has to be plentiful and fresh.
Dunkin’ Donuts to the rescue! While we have several awesome Dunkin’ Donuts stores closeby, their coffee is also available at your local grocery store. Buying pre-packaged coffee is a frugal way to enjoy your favorite coffee at home. Especially good if you have to hunker down for a snowstorm (crossing our fingers since we had very little snow last year).
I love that they have flavored coffees made just for the holiday season. You could brew up a pot of Mocha Mint. Or Pumpkin Spice. Or maybe Gingerbread Cookie. Decisions, decisions!
These also make a great gift for the coffee-lovers on your list. Put the bag in a mug for a little extra holiday cheer.
Cute gift tags make these perfect for gifting!
You can also consider using the coffee for a variety of recipes that add a little holiday spice to everything from brownies to burgers. Check out Epicurious for some ideas on how to cook with coffee.
What evokes the holiday season to you?
Disclosure: Thank you to Dunkin’ Donuts ® packaged coffee at grocery for being a sponsor. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All opinions expressed here are my own.