We talked about making lists previously on the holiday shopping guide, but we didn’t talk about how we stay organized and keep track of everything we need to do during the busy holiday season. To keep track of your list if you have a large family, or more than one person is doing the shopping is often cumbersome.
Enter googledocs. Simply build a spreadsheet, input the names and gifts you are giving, and share it with whomever you choose. My husband and I have been doing this for several years, and it has made our shopping experience so much easier.
If you don’t have access to googledocs, you can use a spreadsheet on your computer, or Evernote which allows you to share your list with others.
You can also use the same method for planning holiday meals, making sure you include everyone on your holiday card list, and planning parties, or which parties you will attend. A google calendar would be a great option for planning where you will be over your holiday vacation. Family members and friends can subscribe, so they can find out when you’re available.
How do you stay organized over the holidays?
Holiday Shopping Guide 2009
- I don’t do Black Friday: This is my 1st post in the series. I talk about why I don’t shop for “deals” on Black Friday.
- How to spend smarter this holiday season: my 1st of 2 guest posts over at Consumerism Commentary. I cover ways to spend less, including handmaking gifts and decreasing your shopping list. Please head over and leave me a comment. 🙂
- Shopping Lists: How to craft a shopping list for holiday gift giving.
- Photo Gifts and Giveaway: Photos are one of my favorite gifts to give!
- 30 Gifts under $30 by RedPlum: 30 gifts under $30 as part of RedPlum’s Frugalicious Holiday.
- Crocs: Yes some of them are hideous, but some of them are adorable, and so comfy too. Crocs is offering 10% off and free shipping through the holidays.
- Posh Gifts for Less: and a $10 bonus for signing up with Rue La La. They are also offering free shipping after your first order.
- Free photo book: Offer may still be valid.
- Restaurant.com Coupon Code: These make a great gift for someone you want to spend more time with, or a supplement for a gift certificate.