I need new shoes. Sadly between too many pairs of open toe shoes, and having to say goodbye to a few favorite pairs my shoe selection is in need of a makeover on a budget of course. 😉
First up I need boots:
I’m not kidding that I only bought my first pair of boots last year! They are these beauties by Matisse, only I bought them from Rue La La where I had a credit AND they were on sale so I spent about $30.
I’m looking for a few styles, including riding boots like these:
I also want to get something with a heel in black like these:
Next up I need flats. I throw these on for school pickup, travel, and walking tons while still looking chic.
I’m kind of in love with these both for the pop of color, and the sheepskin insert. Though the price is kind of hard to swallow:
Love the detail on these:
I love these and they are so chic:
Booties are also on my list, and I love these:
Seven Tips for buying shoes on a budget:
1. Shop Sale and Discount Stores: I’m planning to hit Nordstrom Rack, Marshall’s, and TJ Maxx to find some great deals. I also shop seasonal sales, but since I’m buying for this season it may be tough to find great sales right now.
2. Try before you buy: I know a lot of people love shopping online, but I typically return almost everything I buy online which ties up my money, and can be frustrating. If I find something I love in a store I often search right from my iPhone to see if I can find a better deal online. This can be a great way to negotiate a discount in some retail stores.
3. Shop for a Cause: FFANY, QVC’s annual shoe sale, is this month and there are many other sales related to breast cancer awareness this month. It’s a win-win-win since you get a deal, the company gets great sales, AND money gets donated to charity.
4. Buy more than one: Ok, I know it’s weird but if you find a great shoe, buy it in both colors or a backup pair if you can.
5. Don’t skimp: I know I’m all about finding a bargain, and saving money, but don’t skimp on your footwear to save a few bucks. Trust me those $10 shoes aren’t going to last very long and they can cause pain or soreness.
6. Buy trendy shoes on the cheap: Target and other big box retailers have a great selection of on trend shoes that are affordable and often comfortable as well. While they are not my go to source for shoes I often buy occasional wear shoes there since I know I won’t wear them as much or for as long.
7. Flats & Flips are a girls best friend: I almost always carry flats or flip flops in my bag when I’m going to be on my feet for a long time. So investing in these is key for me.
One more tip that I know you have no control over, if you have feet that fit into smaller or larger sizes you can often score great clearance deals. I get a ton of shoes from places like J. Crew and Banana just because I have big feet. 🙂
For my small footed friends a tip to save you tons: you can save a bundle on Uggs by shopping in the kid’s department. 😉
What are some ways you save on shoes?
Fashion Friday is the most fashionable day of the week! Thanks for stopping by: link up your fashion posts and join in the fun! Fashion Friday Sponsorships are available – contact us for more information!
Disclosure: Contains affiliate links.