1. Hardware and Home Fix-It Tools and Materials Apparently the male stereotype of loving tools holds true as right around Father’s Day you can find some great bargains on tools at the local hardware stores. Look for sales to fill in the empty spots in your tool collections.
2. Suits Father’s Day is also a great time to find bargains on suits. Fall suits? Think January after the newest suit collections hit the stores.
3. Paint Summer is prime outdoor painting times. Look for sales this summer to help you take advantage of the warmer weather to get your house looking fresh and new.
4. Carpeting The beginning of summer is a busy time as families try to deal with new schedules and the new activities that come with warmer temperatures. Because of this many are not thinking of replacing their carpet. Needless to say, it is a slow time for carpet sales, and bargains can be had in June. Carpet Super Site says, however, don’t wait until after July 4th as that is when people like to remodel so that they are finished before the next school year begins. Next best time to buy carpet? January.
5. Vacuum Cleaners New vacuum cleaners are released in June. Look for bargains as retailers try to get rid of floor models. April and May are also good months to find these bargains.
6. Dishware Manufacturers like to take advantage of wedding season, which starts in June, to promote their latest in china. Bargains to be had during wedding season can often be 25-50% off of regular retail prices.
7. Champagne If you think about it there are two times of year that champagne is consumed the most, New Years and wedding season. And in June? Wedding season is in full force. Stock up now on great deals on champagne, but don’t worry if you miss it. December is another great time of year to find bargains on this adult beverage.
8. Summer Fashions and swim suits The best time to get sales on clothing are a month or two after the items arrive in stores. Summer fashions have been around for a while, so now is the time to hit the stores to get the latest in summer fashions.
Clothing Shopping Tip: Thursday evenings are a great time get the best bargains. Weekend sales often start those evenings, and the best selections are to be had at the beginning of the sales which often start Thursday evenings.
9. Electronics (Small consumer electronics, Camcorders) When it comes to other electronic devices often times if you wait for the newest models to be released you can get a bargain on older models still left in the stores.
10. Gym Memberships New memberships to gyms tend to plummet mid-summer when everyone is outside playing. June is the perfect time to try to negotiate with gyms for great deals on gym memberships.
11. Movie Tickets In 40 Free (Or Nearly Free) Summer Activities for Kids I listed a variety of places to find bargains on summer movie tickets for kids. Other great bargains for kids in June and the coming summer months include bowling and inexpensive or free summer camps.
12. Food I am a fruit hound and June is my time of year that I gorge myself on a variety of delicious fruits as I won’t break my grocery shopping budget doing so.
- Dairy: June is National Dairy Month. Look for sales on dairy products, especially butter which can be frozen to last you for up to 6 months.
- Ice Cream
- Bottled Water
- Iced tea mix and bags
Everyone who has ever tried to make the most of their money knows that in order to get the best bargains on certain goods, timing is everything. So in order to help the readers of The Centsible Life get their bargain timing down to perfect, I have created a “Best Time to Buy list for each current month. Use these lists to make the most of your money through out the entire year.
What are you shopping for this month?