With busy family schedules, after school activities, homework, projects, and chores galore it’s hard to squeeze in a good family meal. While my year-long meal planning schedule helps tremendously some night we realize a little too late that we are fast approaching bedtime and dinner has yet to be prepared. On nights like that we have some go-to options, but often they are pretty boring even by my family’s standards.
Enter Knorr’s new Sides. Available at Giant Eagle stores you can find these sides for and all the ingredients you need for a fast and delicious meal on the cheap. (Sale prices often put these at $1 per pack!)
I made Spanish Chicken and Rice in under 30 minutes for less than $10!
Spanish Chicken and Rice
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ – Spanish Rice
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives (optional)–I skipped these for the family, but added them to my own dish
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until almost tender. Add water and Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ – Spanish Rice and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered 5 minutes.
- Stir in green peas and carrots and continue cooking 2 minutes until rice is tender.
- Just before serving, stir in chicken and optionally olives.
Now serve and enjoy!
Head to Giant Eagle (look for store locations here) for Knorr Sides and try out this recipe or one of many free recipes you can find. Download Knorr’s free recipe book with load of ideas for dinnertime.