May is a big and busy month with Mother’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, graduation day whether it be from high school, college or kindergarten, and for my kids May contains the last day of school before the summer break. It’s a big month. And correspondingly so is this month’s Best Time to Buy list.
1. Party and Grill Supplies Plan ahead for all of your summer get togethers by getting bargains on disposable plates, cups, napkins, utensils, charcoal, and lighter fluid in May.
2. Patio Furniture As people move outside for barbecue, swimming, and warmer temperatures, new patio furniture is arriving in stores. Check out last year’s models that will be cleared out to make room for the new.
3. Refrigerators Manufacturers release their new models of refrigerators in the summer, and spring is the time that prices go down on refrigerators so that retailers can make room for the new. Look for great deals on refrigerators at this time.
4. Vacuum Cleaners Like on April’s Best Time to Buy List vacuum cleaners make the cut as they are on sale to make room for the coming summer’s newly released models.
5. Mattresses and Box Springs New mattresses arrive in stores in May. Look for bargains on last year’s models, and the best bargains can be had Memorial Day weekend. However, shopping Memorial Day weekend can be hectic, so think about pre-shopping to figure out exactly which mattress you like. Then when Memorial Weekend hits, find your best deal on that particular mattress and avoid making purchasing mistakes being blinded by a bargain’s light.
6. Cookware Sales on cookware corresponds with graduation and wedding season. Retailers offers sales on these very popular gifts.
7. Summer Hand Bags,Totes, and Swimwear August really is the best time to get bargains on swimwear, but if you don’t want to wait until after summer is over and you want a better selection, May is a great time to find a deal on summer hand bags, totes, and swimwear.
8. Athletic Shoes Running shoes should be replaced every 300 to 500 miles, and replacing those expensive running shoes so frequently can really add up. May, however, is a good time to look for bargains as many manufacturers who are sponsoring spring races offer bargains on their shoes at the same time.
It’s the beginning of backyard barbecue season. Find great deals on the following food items.
- Ground Beef
- Hamburger and hot dog buns
- Salad dressing
- Ice Cream
- Frozen pies
- Bottled Water
Everyone who has ever tried to make the most of their money knows that in order to get the best bargains on certain goods, timing is everything. So in order to help the readers of The Centsible Life get their bargain timing down to perfect, I have created a “Best Time to Buy list for each current month. Use these lists to make the most of your money through out the entire year.
What are you shopping for this month?