Financial literacy isn’t something most of us learn in school. Even if we are fortunate enough to have a personal finance class during school it’s likely you still need additional education in money management. Money can seem like a complicated topic, but when you break it down into different categories and goals it becomes much more manageable.
As your life and financial needs change you’ll find you need to learn more about things like retirement income, IRAs, taxes, insurance, and so much more. Managing money goes beyond budgeting, and that’s where Money Management Academy comes in.
Money Management Academy
Radius Bank provides an educational resource for customers and non-customers alike called Money Management Academy The tool provided in partnership with EverFi is an educational tool that is packed with great information. Topics are split up into different courses. Each course includes animation, voice or transcripts, and is interactive. With each course you’ll get all the information you need to get started in a finance topic.
Courses that are available include:
- Checking Accounts: Explore features in checking accounts
- Savings: Setting savings goals, savings account options, and more
- Credit Cards: Learn how credit cards work and how to use them effectively
- Credit Scores & Reports: Learn how credit scores are calculated and how to monitor credit reports
- Mobile Payments: How mobile payments work and options for using mobile payments
- Building Emergency Savings: Learn how to build savings and why it’s important to create emergency savings
- Overdraft: Learn about how overdraft works, fees, and how to avoid overdrawing your accounts
- Identity Protection: Identify ways you can avoid identity fraud
- Budgeting: Use a budgeting tool to work towards your financial goals
- Taxes: Learn about taxes, how they work, and develop a tax strategy based on your needs.
- Investments: Get to know how investments work, ways to use them to help you reach your short and long-term goals, and how to diversify
- Home Ownership: Thinking of buying a home? Learn everything you need to know to get started
- Insurance: Learn about insurance plans, costs, and what affects your rates.
- Financing Higher Education: Explore ways to finance higher education such as loans, student aid, and grants.
- Retirement 101: What does it take to retire? Determine what you may need and explore ways to reach your goals.
These videos are about 10 minutes long, but effectively provide you with information and to help create plans for you to use to reach your goals.
Learn more about Money Management Academy and the many ways Radius Bank helps their customers achieve financial success.