It’s time for fall fashion and with Fashion Week over it is time to look at how you can take fun fall trends and transfer them into affordable looks you can wear.
While most of us won’t need a whole new wardrobe filled with the latest it’s fun to bring a little something new into your wardrobe to make it more trendy and to make it feel like a whole new wardrobe.
Top 5 Fall Trends
Here are the 5 top fall trends from this season translated from the runway to your closet at a fraction of the cost.
1. Slouchy Pants
- Drawstring Side Stripe Track Pant • Express • $29.99
- Chaser Lace Slouchy Pant • Chaser • $66.99
- Hive & Honey Military Twill Slouchy Pant • BCBGMAXAZRIA • $29.97–39.97
Slouchy pants aren’t going away anytime soon if the runway is any indication, so embrace this trend and you’ll be so happy you did. Not only are slouchy pants incredibly comfortable but also you’ll find they often have the ability to conceal. Bonus? Most have pockets. I love pockets in pants that you can actually use!
2. Midi Dresses or Midi Skirts:
- ASOS Midi Dress with Kimono Sleeves – Black • Asos • $38.09
- Leith High Rise Midi Tube Skirt • Leith • $38.00
- Sequin Embellished Midi Skirt • Express • $52.80
These modest hemlines are the opposite of the short hemlines of the past. They are perfect for fall since they offer your legs some coverage and can easily be paired with casual accessories or dressed up for the office with a blouse or sweater.
3. Comfortable Shoes
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Fulton Moccasin • MICHAEL Michael Kors • $99.00
- The Sidewalk Skimmer • Madewell • $98.00
- H&M – Lace-patterned Loafers – Dark blue – Ladies • H&M • $24.95
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star canvas sneakers • Converse • $50.00
- Nike Air Max Thea Premium coated-mesh and leather sneakers • Nike • $100.00
THANK GOODNESS. Flats are in, so embrace it! Sneakers even made a big appearance on the runway this fall in New York! Yes, sneakers. So embrace that post-workout look as in after your visit to the gym. Your feet will rejoice, and because they are so on trend you will find a huge selection of colors, prints, and materials.
4. Coats Galore
- Rainy Day Mac • Boden • $71.20–142.40
- Jessica Simpson Women’s Belted Ruffle Trench Coat • Jessica Simpson • $80.99–99.00
- Calvin Klein Women’s Single-Breasted Rain Coat • Calvin Klein • $99.00
- Laundry By Design Quilted Puffer Coat with Faux Fur Collar and Zip-Off Sleeves • Laundry by Design • $99.90
- Steve Madden Plaid Asymmetric Zip Coat • Steve Madden • $99.90
- H&M – Wool-blend Coat – Camel – Ladies • H&M • $99.00
Coats are much needed during the winter months, but fashion often comes over function on the runway. This year we saw colorful coats, robe-style coats, and lots of shearling. At least if you’re going to be out in the cold you can wear a gorgeous coat to help warm you up.
5. ‘90s grunge
- FOREVER 21 Grunge Acid Wash Denim Jacket • Forever 21 • $23.99
- FOREVER 21+ Gone Grunge Acid Wash Jeggings • Forever 21 • $22.80
- Grunge Flannel with Pockets • ChicNova • $15.00
- FOREVER 21 Grunge Plaid Skinny Pants • Forever 21 • $15.99
- Kill Brand Grunge Is Dead S/L • $26.00
- BDG Grunge Sleeveless Maxi Tunic • BDG • $79.00
You guys, this was the fashion of my youth! This proves that either I’m OLD or everything old is new again. I wish I had saved my plaid shirts!
Look for plaid shirts, band shirts (we used to have to GO to a concert to get these, kids), Doc Martens, and so much more.
Money-Saving Tips for Shopping Fall Fashions:
Buy with Credit: Use your credit card to get access to special deals, discounts, and free shipping on popular merchants.
Look for Discounts with Discover Deals
The new Discover Deals site, available to Discover cardmembers, features offers for Cashback Bonus rewards, in-store discounts and statement credits to save and earn at tons of popular merchants!
Some Sample Deals from Discover Deals:
- Macy’s: Earn 5% Cashback Bonus
- Nordstrom: Earn 5% Cashback Bonus
- Shoes.com: Earn 10% Cashback Bonus via Discover Deals
What trends are you trying this fall?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.