September means back to school and fall is on its’ way soon. While it’s still a little warm when September starts by the end of the month it’s getting cooler and we’ve pulled out the boots and sweaters. Nothing I love more than this time of year when schedules get back on track and the weather turns crisp.
1. Air Conditioners So I had a big expense last month. The coil on my air conditioner was rusted out, and with this being one of the best times to buy air conditioners there was a real debate in my house about whether to replace the air conditioner or buy a new one. Another good time to find out about the coil would have been last December when Air Conditioners prices hit their yearly lows. However, that’s not always how it works is it?
2. School Supplies For most the kids are back in school, and the school supplies have been bought. If you are a savvy shopper, however, you know that now is another good time to stock up on the school supplies left. And if you are a lover of Target the best bargains can be found in the aisle end caps.
3. Shrubs, Trees, and Other Plants Not only is fall the perfect time to buy shrubs and trees from a planting perspective, but it is also a smart purchase from a money perspective. Look for bargains for the next month on shrubs, trees, and other plants.
4. Wine Per Smart Money early fall is the best time to take advantage of wine discounts from early harvest wines.
5. Bikes New models of bikes are coming, so take a minute to think about whether or not a bargain on a new bike might be in your future. Maybe for a great holiday gift?
6. Cars New models are appearing right now, and dealers are looking to clear out their lots on last year’s models. And the best days to buy cars? Last Tuesday or Wednesday of the month, early afternoons, Monday’s, and rainy days.
7. Repositioning Cruises Fall is a great time to find deals on cruise ship travel due to repositioning discounts.
8. Outdoor Furniture, Grills, and Camping Gear Like last month, sales continue on outdoor furniture, grills, and camping gear to make room from winter stock.
9.Holiday Airfares: In years past the best time to buy Thanksgiving airfares is late September through the beginning of October and the best time to buy your Christmas airfares is December 1st through December 10th. As we all know, however, that every year is different, so I suggest setting up some air watch notifiers and start waiting for those bargain notices to appear in your inbox if you are looking for a bargains on holiday travel this year. A general rule of thumb based upon those who track such information is to start looking at least 2 months before you plan to travel to find the best bargains.
What are you shopping for this month?