Chicken wings. My new obsession. The first time I had them was about 6 months ago at Buffalo Wild Wings. SOOO good. I know, why did I wait so long?! Could be because I was vegetarian for about 7 years. 😉
Eating out is too expensive, so of course I had to find a way to recreate my favorite chicken wings at home for about a tenth of the cost of eating out.
The recipe is super simple, and only takes a few minutes to prep, and about 30 minutes to cook.
Gluten-Free Honey BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe
- Package of Organic Chicken Wings (approx 1-1.5 pounds)
- Honey BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp. oil (I used EVOO and canola-both worked fine)
- 2 tbsps. honey (a dark honey works best)
- 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce (use your favorite prepared sauce or make your own)
- Salt and pepper chicken wings
- Put sauce ingredients in large plastic bag or bowl and mix well
- Put chicken wings in sauce and marinate for a minimum of an hour
- Preheat oven to 425 °
- Lightly oil a baking sheet or baking pan
- Put chicken wings on pan-making sure the wings don’t overlap
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes (when internal temperature reaches 165 ° the wings are done)
Serve hot and enjoy!