The Good Dinosaur is coming to theaters on November 25, 2015. The Disney Pixar movie is the second Pixar film to be released this year and the 16th film from the studio. It looks like an amazingly fun film, and my kids can’t wait to see it. Especially my 9 year-old who wants to be a paleontologist when he grows up.
Here’s a look at the trailer.
We put together this fun snack tray idea for the film, and thought it would be a fun thing to share in advance of the film. This could be a great snack tray to present to the kiddos before you head off to the movie, or if it becomes the big hit we all know it will be you could use this idea for a The Good Dinosaur themed birthday party or event in the future.
Now without further ado let’s snack The Good Dinosaur style.
How To Make A Disney Pixar The Good Dinosaur Snack Tray
- Spinach Tortilla (Burrito Size)
- Spring Salad Mix
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Canned Black Beans
- Cream Cheese
- Plain Hummus
- Blue Food Coloring
- Piping or Sandwich Bags
- Cut the spinach tortilla as shown to form the dinosaur's head and neck. (as pictured)
- Place the dino on your serving tray.
- Pipe the mouth and nostril using plain hummus
- Pipe the whites of the eyes using softened cream cheese
- Cut a black bean in half. This will be your dino's pupils.
- Tint some cream cheese blue and pipe a ring around the black bean pupils.
- Cut a cherry tomato in half and core it, removing the seeds. This will form your bug.
- Pipe blue cream cheese onto one half of the cherry bug as shown and place on your dino's nose.
- Cut the other half of the cherry tomato to form the red bug's head.
- The red bug's legs are made from black bean skin.
- Once your dino and bug have been assembled it's time for the greenery.
- Take a knife and pull a few of the celery rib strings out. They will curl up when you do.
- Place your leafy celery stalks, salad mixture and celery strings on the bottom of your tray.
Here’s how you cut out the dinosaur head.
And another look at our finished snack tray! We know our kids will gobble this up!