This crockpot honey BBQ chicken recipe is the best. It’s gluten-free, and dairy-free, too. The best part though? It’s stupid easy to make.
I am not a fan of chicken in general, but this recipe adds some delicious flavor to the chicken that I can’t get enough of. I literally have to stop myself from taking thirds every time.
I asked Bob, aka the husband aka the chef, to share his recipe with readers since it’s just too good to NOT share.
Slow Cooker Tangy Honey Chicken Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup raw honey (we like clover honey)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped or 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Oil (coconut oil, spray oil, canola, or olive oil all work)
- Oil crockpot lightly.
- Mix all ingredients for sauce in bowl with whisk.
- Add sauce to crockpot.
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- Shred chicken before serving.
- Top with a about 1/4 cup of agave or honey sweetened BBQ sauce. (your own or a story bought version)
This slow cooked chicken recipe is one that works all year long-it’s great in the summer with the tangy barbecue flavor, and it’s perfect for winter where you can turn it into a hearty meal.
Serving ideas: on a bun for eating on the go or serve with a side of cornbread, a side salad, or potato salad or roasted potatoes.
This recipe uses Worcestershire sauce. We use Lea & Perrins. It’s gluten and preservative free. While it does have sugar and molasses in it the amount is minimal. Also we’re adding 1/4 cup of honey so it’s not going to make a huge difference for us. If you’re avoiding sugar (and honey) you could try making your own Worcestershire sauce and skip the honey and use agave nectar instead.
This recipe was adapted from recipe from Our Table for Seven.